Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Adjusting to not working.

For many years I have been a stay at home mom and college student.  In December of 2009, I finally accomplished my goal of completing college and obtaining a Bachelors of Arts degree in Psychology.  While I was finishing up my last semester of school I was working towards my other goal of finding a job.  I was successful in my job search.  A week before my graduation I was offered a contract job as a Family Programs Assistant.  It felt good to graduate from college and have a job all at the same time. 

For the past ten months I have been working full time as a Family Programs Assistant.  It has allowed me the opportunity to meet people from all walks of life.  The most important part of the job was being able to help Soldiers and Family members.  My contract ended last month and since then I have been working as a house wife.  During the first 2 weeks of not working it was hard for me.  I went from getting up at 5 a.m Monday-Friday to go to work for 8 hours a day to waking up with nothing on my agenda for the day.  I missed the friendships and lunch dates I would have with my co-workers in the office. 

I have came to realize that God has the right job for me and he will lead me to that job when the time is right.  Until that jobs comes along I will enjoy my time at home.  Now that I am not working it gives me the opportunity to be able to get up in the morning and exercise! When I was working full time it was hard to find time to exercise.  Also now I have been cooking dinner more and not making fast easy meals.  When my middle school son comes home from school I am here to talk to him and make an after school snack.  I get to go have lunch with my hubby at his office since he is super busy with work that a lot of the days he isn't able to leave his office.

So for now I will enjoy the free time I have until it it is time to PCS to the next duty station next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment